Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,000 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
Reporting to the Project Director, in Phnom-Penh, and working in close coordination with PSE head office in France, the position consists in being responsible to ensure that PSE project are properly defined and followed as well as ensuring that reporting is in line with donors’ expectations.
1. Project definition
- Identify the projects’ needs from the programs and work in collaboration with the Project Director and Head of Fundraising in order to prioritize which Project(s) to define first
- Identify the resources needed to define more precisely the Project (consultant, feasibilty study, partnerships, Project Manager…)
- Define projects phasing, budget, HR needs and KPIs with the support of the Program Managers if necessary and in collaboration with the Project Director
- Submit Project proposal with the logical framework to approval and obtain necessary validation in line with the PSE Project procedure implemented between PSE Cambodia and PSE France
- Write the Project description with PSE template for Fundraising, and if required with donors template
2. Project reporting and follow-up
- Select the Project manager(s) for the Project defined, in collaboration with the Project Director
- Hand over the Project to the Project manager
- Schedule with the Project managers the reports planning for the donors and for internal communication
- Ensure project reporting is in line with the donors expectations and needs, improve them if needed
- Work with the Project Managers if some information is missing / not relevant in the reports
- Translate the reports into english and French (is a plus)
- Provide required content asked by the Head of Fundraising and/or Project Director (for Project adaption for instance)
3. Procedures improvement
- Implement from the beginning of the Project, the indicators / tools in order to have a qualitative and relevant feedback on the Project’s results when finished
- Anticipate the needs in terms of testimonies / photos for the donors – work in collaboration with the Communication and Fundraising department
- Update the Project procedure if needed
- Improve the reporting documents required in the Project procedure
- Master degree in Economics, Business Administration, Project management, or Social Development
- Minimum 3 years experience in project management in NGO environment, including project design methodologies and tools for NGO (logical framework, theory of change…)
- Experience with donors and funding institutions
- Experience in Quality Control and Risk Assessment
- English (mandatory, speaking, writing), Khmer and French (is a plus)
- Computer skills: Become and remain proficient in all programs necessary to perform the everyday duties of this position, including Microsoft Project
- Good communication skills, coaching capabilities and negotiation skills
- Good team player
- Excellent decision making abilities
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process
- Ensuring timely, high quality results.