Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,000 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
Internal control is a process for assuring of an organization's objectives in operational effectiveness and efficiency, reliable financial reporting, and compliance with laws, regulations and policies. A broad concept, internal control involves everything that controls risks to an organization.
The Internal Controller will be responsible for ensuring a strong internal control environment through the development of policies and procedures, ensuring their implementation and monitoring compliance.
- Own the design, implementation, documentation, assessment and monitoring of PSE internal control framework, including group policies and key risks in order to ensure that the PSE has adequate controls to prevent unintentional and intentional errors in financial reporting, processes and business operations.
- Formulate policies and procedures to improve internal controls, compliance and efficiency
- Lead the process for internal controls reviews across PSE
- Deliver adequate and timely reporting on the internal control framework and control deficiencies to ensure appropriate communication, documentation, escalation to business partners and senior leadership and audit committee
- Deliver adequate and timely action plans and monitor progress to address and resolve control deficiencies
- Develop and conduct adequate training and prepare related information material on the nternal control objectives, approach and methodology to business partners on a regular basis to build knowledge and understanding of risks and control
- Work collaboratively with business and process owners to implement and monitor remediation efforts that result from internal control assessments, ensuring the effective mplementation of corrective action. Actively seek standardization and automation, apply and implement best practices for managing internal controls and deploy innovative technology where possible to enhance and continuously improve the design and operating effectiveness of the controls, documentation, assessment and review procedures Actively engage with internal and external auditors to ensure consideration and resolution of all relevant risks and audit findings
- Master’s degree in Economics or Business Studies or finance/accounting
- At least 2 years of experience in external audit, internal audit or external control.
- Critical thinker
- Analytical and problema solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent orgazitional and interpersonal skills
- Self starter and independant
- Flexilibility in adressing changing prioroties
- Patient, acute sense of pedagogy
- Curiosity, sense of perspective
- Advanced Excel user
- Fluent in English (Khmer and/or French a plus)