Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
S/he will responsible to enable children with disabilities to have access special education ,Activity of Daily Living, effective participation in society and access work opportunities according to their disabilities.
To teach students with intellectual disabilities (Math, Khmer, Moral…) follow their disabilities
- To evaluate capacities of students with disabilities at least once a year.
- To set the Individual Education Program(IEP) followed by their capacity and disabilities at least once a year.
- To set the schedule for students with disabilities at least once a year.
- To educate students with disabilities according by IEP
- Develop pedagogy material
- To manage the class
To facilitate Special Education Assistant to educate the Activity of Daily Living(ADL) for students with disabilities.
- To facilitate the preparation the basic knowledge learning program related to the individual project of the student.
- To facilitate the preparation the daily activities with the Assistant Education
- To facilitate the evaluation of ADL of students with intellectual disabilities at least once a year.
- To facilitate the preparation of the Individual Education Program(IEP) followed by their capacity and disabilities one time by year.
- To facilitate the preparation of the schedule for students with intellectual disabilities at least once a year.
- Facilitate to develop pedagogy material education of ADL. Develop the pictogram to communicate with students intellection with disabilities.
To be responsible health of students intellectual with disabilities
- To cooperate with other teams to check the health of students.
- To work closely with the Assistant to follow the health of the student.
To ensure material using in Integrated Class as adequate
- To check the remaining materials
- To request material what they need after discussed with team leader
- To ensure keeping the material as quality and safe.
- To prepare the individual project with the assistant and the team leader
- To prepare and record in the health book for all students intellectual with disabilities.
- To prepare and record documents in the Behavior Problem book.
- To write the daily report for the supervisor
- To prepare material's list
- Graduate on Special Education or relevant field
- Two years and strong experience related with special education or/and special care
- Can read and write in Khmer and English
- Computer(Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Special Care for students with disabilities
- Knowledge about specific program in education for students with disabilities
- Can assess/evaluate and prepare IEP for students with disabilities
- Behavior Management
- Transfer children with disabilities
- Daily report
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
- Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.