Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
S/he will be in charge of teaching students and educating them through different activities of the program
Teaching for students
● Develop resources to improve the general mobility of the students and to encourage success
● Educate students and teach through values, respect and spirit of sport
● Give a special care and support to the one in needs and use the team in order to get advices and solve problems
● Assure security of the students all the time
● Use the template given and prepare all the teaching hours.
Manage, teach and promote clubs
● Set up and follow the schedule of the club and teach students how to play
● Prepare a monthly planning for competition
● Promote and increase the number of members especially for the girls
● Set up a list of participants and check absences every training
● Identify direct collaborator and develop the networking around your club
Supervise free sports free games during the weekend
● Lead the group of volunteers and facilitate their working time
● Be particularly attentive of the security of the students during free sports
● Other tasks as assigned by line manager
● Association of Education, Sport, Social science, Animation, Psychology and other related field, bachelor degree in relevant skills is preferable.
● 1 year experience by working with children, teenagers, social , psychology or other relevant role
● Planning and coordinating skills
● Pack Office (Excel, Work, Power Point) skills
● Strong communication skill and high level of English
Specific Technical Competencies
● Good knowledge of Pedagogy /Sport, Art
● Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
● Policy compliance and protection of children
● Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
● Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.