Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
S/he will ensure that selection of families and children are followed criteria and procedures of program.
S/he will be responsible for analysing families and children’s need, and to ensure that all concerning issues are solved properly.
- Follow-up situation of the families, and to offer supports for the families as per procedures and policies
- Responsible for managing tasks such as beneficiaries recruitment, follow-up families’ requests, follow-up student absence, join as disciplinary committee, rice distribution,
- Conduct field visit around 130 families one time per year and properly register information in PSE systems.
- Conduct the recruitment assessment of children and families according to PSE criteria in their intervention zones.
- Handle and review families’ requests and propose with solution to line manager
- Work as a representative of program to join any official meeting as per assigned
- Responsible for proposing and managing all events / projects in the communities
- Communicate all relevant information as needed to line manager
- Manage accurately rice distribution every week to the beneficiaries. And produce accurately report of the rice distribution to the line manager as regularly basic.
- Actively participation to prepare individual performance objectives and ensure that all objectives are well managed and implemented.
- Actively participation to identify training needs and propose for personal improvement.
- Bachelor Degree in social work, sociology, psychology or relevant field
- 2 years of experience in social work related to children and poverty program, rural development, psychology or any similar experience
- Good communication skill
- Good command of English , French is preferable
- Computer skills MS World, Excel, Power Point, Email etc
- Analytical skills
- Counselling and problem solving skills
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
- Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.