Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) - For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country with the Cambodians and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 6,000 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program graduates have already successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 650 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 6 staff at the headquarters in France. 400 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known through fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize from the French Republic.
S/he will responsible in clinical psychology to provide counselling with students who have easily suffering with psychological problems in order to make them to be good in study and well being.
1. Ensure the follow-up of students in need of psychological care
• Provide counselling and assessment
• Give recommendation to the requester
• Write report to follow-up the students
• Orient students according to the difficulties encountered and the limits of the service’s intervention
2. To work in relationship with the various internal/external services of PSE (pedagogical, social and other) and to support the work of these teams within the framework of their activity with the students and their family.
• To participate to the reflection concerning the care and multi-disciplinary follow-up of PSE’s students
• To support reflection about the problems faced by the teams concerning their work with some students.
• Collaborate with any departments/services with managers and/or staff of PSE in order to develop the works and problems solving.
• NGOs, universities, organizations working in the field of psychology, students associations in psychology, professionals of psychology (foreign or Khmer) and others, to refer them for evaluations or specific follow up.
• Animate group discussion for the staff
• Analysing and organizing risk prevention for students in PSE (drop out, using drug, sexual behaviour…)
• Accompany and support families in their role as parents
• Providing assessment for students in difficulty in their studies
3. Administration Task
• Prepare weekly, monthly report to supervisor.
• Prepare quarerly report to supervisor.
• Prepare semi and annual report for PSE.
• Writing and keeping on couseling reports on well and safty
• Writing recommendations for requester.
• Bachelor/ Master Degree of Psychology.
•Three years and strong experiences in Psychology Field, Drug Prevention and Psychological Therapy.
• Good command of written and spoken English. French is a plus.
• Computer literate (E-mail, Outlook, Ms.Word, Excel, PowerPoint…).
Specific Technical Competencies
• Strong on Psychotherapy in group and individual.
• On training and group awareness to students and staffs.
• Good interpersonal communication skills and adaptive to a diverse team working environment.
• Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct.
• Policy compliance and protection of children.
• Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
• Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.