Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) - For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country with the Cambodians and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 6,000 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program graduates have already successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 650 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 6 staff at the headquarters in France. 400 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known through fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize from the French Republic.
S/he will responsible to manage the pedagogy development for all schools ( General education, PSEI, School of Languages, Classes Specialisees) including the management of the curriculum, the teacher assessment, training.
Developing training contents, drive schools towards new and innovative methodologies.
The job is a transversal activities in support to Schools.
1. Manage the Curriculum:
- Identify the needs of the curriculum development/ adaptation needs through interviews with students, teachers and principals, etc.
- Plan curriculum development for all of the schools - except for technical schools that manage their curriculum by themselves
- Organize the curriculum development: learning outcomes, study programs, handbook, lesson contents, teaching materials, etc.
- Manage the training “how to use these curriculums” provided to school
- Manage the monitoring of the implementation of these curriculum in schools
- Manage the evaluation and the re-adjustment of the curriculum if necessary
2. Manage the teachers training:
- Identify the teacher training needs through analysis of their jobs, career paths, annual assessments, class observation, interviews, etc.
- Manage the annual training plan for teachers in collaboration with the Human Resource Department
- Design training contents
- Ensure that the contents of training are relevant and applicable and provide teachers with tools that their pedagogic and soft skills subject skills
- Manage the evaluation of the training processes and monitor their impact
3. Manage the assessment tools developed for student and teacher
- Manage the placement test and the assessment tools for student
- Manage the pedagogic recruitment test for teacher and the teacher evaluation procedure in cooperation with the schools
4. Manage the technical support provided to school:
- Manage the technical support provided to school: teacher performance appraisal, pedagogy meetings, class observation, class demonstration, student assessment, supplementary course, etc.
- Provide the recommendations and appropriate solutions to school if need
- Do other tasks assigned by manager
- Master’s degree in Education, Pedagogy, Teacher Training Development or similar field of study
- 4-7 years experience in pedagogy developpement
- Management and leadership, planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Microsoft office, email, Internet
- Good or better English. French is an advantage
- Curriculum development
- Teacher capacity building, teacher follow-up and coaching
- Educational and pedagogic tools development
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
- Ensuring timely, high quality results.
- Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.