Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
PSE is pursuing its effort to support the programs with the implementation of information systems for key activities. After the deployment of a finance and purchase information system, the support provided a management tool for beneficiaries to the social team, a HR information system,.a school management system and a medical management system are still on the implementation phase.
Taking into consideration his profile and past experiences, the identified candidate will be in charge of a task : finding and configurating a data visualization tool allowing to gather and process data coming from all the PSE systems.
As PSE is constantly improving, the candidate may also be tasked with working on side projects, mainly the update of the aforementioned running systems.
Selection and Implementation of the data visualization tool
- Analysis of business requirements
- Managing all project documentation
- Selection of the software
- Design and configurate the tool
- Realize a knowledge transfer to PSE’s IT Team
- Driving project comitology
- Coordination with system/network/database administrator team for all technical aspects
- Managing relationship with internal systems admin users
- Synthesizing information and KPIs to report to higher management
- Insuring proper integration with existing PSE applications landscape
- Complying with PSE IT security policies
- Delivering all project phases on time
- Delivering quality documentation
- Support to the users at go live and hypercare
- Driving changes and accompany users and surrounding organization
- Assisting on project management missions
- Participate to project comitology
- Writing of project documentation
- Analysis of users’ needs
- Follow up on deliverables, budget and KPIs
At least, university or engineer Bachelor degree in computer science, telecoms, IT software and networks, data analytics
- Languages: English mandatory (speaking, writing), French and/or Khmer is a plus
- Intercultural awareness
- Provide clear orientation
- Demonstrate goodwill
- Flexible and agile
- Ability to absorb information
- Solution oriented
- Good capacity of self-management
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative relationships
- Effectively organized
- Manage priorities
- Understand the specific needs of users
- Define needs
- Document processes and systems
- Ability to coordinate multiple teams
- Make recommendations
- Knowledge of IT global security impacts
- Good knowledge of global functioning of data bases
- Good command of pack office
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process
- Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement