Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
This role will serve as the eyes and ears for the Deputy General Director in charge of education programs, connecting people, organizations, projects, and critical information to her, ensuring meetings and materials are efficient and effective and serves as a trusted partner to deliver the priorities of the education division. The role will also coordinate and manage executive scheduling. The executive assistant will assist the Deputy General Director in his/her daily tasks, ensure the implementation and follow-up on her decisions and facilitate the communication with both internal and external stakeholders (partners, visitors, ministries, other relevant government departments, other NGOs/institutions)
- Serve on special projects, events, meetings, committees, or act as manager or the department representative following his/her appointment
- Facilitate his/her time in collecting, consolidating, and analyzing information/data as needed
- Format information creation and management for internal and external communication – memos, emails, letter, brainstorming, presentations, minutes, reports, etc.
- Act as the primary point of contact among his/her different stakeholders and identify the purpose of the need before directing them to the appropriate department/action
- Work closely with the other mangers/leaders to keep them well informed of all updates/assignments, follow up the implementation on the decision and action plans
- Manage his/her mail box, calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters and prepare communications on his/her behalf when neccessary
- Completion of ad hoc tasks requested by the Deputy General Director
- Education : University degree in Education, Communication, public relation, or management
- Experience : Minimum 2 years experience in providing executive support or similar roles
- Specific technical competencies
- High fluency level in English (French and/or Khmer is a plus)
- Proficiency in MS Office & Google Applications
- Be comfortable with new technology, virtual meeting platforms and scheduling systems
- Demonstrated writing and presentation skills
- Event organizing and protocol
- Good listener and synthesis skills
- Communication, support of diversity
- Relationship builder, powers of persuasion
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Organizational skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, multi-task, be a team-player, be flexible, adapt to shifting priorities, and prioritize work
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
- Ensuring timely, high quality results.
- Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.
Duration : 1 year minimum, preferably 2-3 years
Indemnity: According to PSE grid + experience
VSI contract for European Union Nationals, providing comprehensive coverage for healthcare, assistance/repatriation insurance, pension contribution, plane ticket one way and return, plus round plane ticket once a year to home country.