Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
S/he will responsible to enable children with disabilities to have access special education ,Activity of Daily Living, effective participation in society and access work opportunities according by their disabilities.
To follow students who stay at home during the week
- He/She visits the family to check physical and psychological health of students
- He/she chek the organization of the house to suggest arrangement when necessary
- He/she proposes and animates activities to maintain the capacity of the students
- He/She support family in her work to take care of the student and give advice
To propose and organize activities of daily life
- He/She organize comeback to PSE two times by week
- He/She prepare activities for student when they come back
- He/She work closely with teacher and caregiver to welcome student
To provide special care and well being for students with disabilities
- He/She organize the medical following for the student
- He/She organize the transportation
To support team during the week
- He/She support the staff during the week in any activities
He/She give all the informations to the department concerned by any difficulties (Health department, social department, ATS)
He/She prepare report to the manager:
- To prepare and record the document of ADL of students with disabilities
- To record into Behavior Problem book
- To write reports to manager every day
- Associate Degree of education
- One year and strong experience related with special education or/and special care
- Can read and write in Khmer/english
- Knowledge of disability
- Special Care for children with disabilities
- Special Education
- Behavior Management
- Transfer children with disabilities
- Swallowing technique
- Recording information of children with disabilities
- Capacity to organize activities closely with the teacher
- Ability to listen, observe and analyze
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
- Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.