Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) - For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country with the Cambodians and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 6,000 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program graduates have already successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 650 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 6 staff at the headquarters in France. 400 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known through fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize from the French Republic.
S/he will be responsible of the higiene, security, and environment, and discipline of a group of kids in an accommodation program.
Team work and communication
- Participate in the meeting as required
- Use all the communication tools set up to exchange information with all the team.
- Responsible to set up and update personalized folder for each kids under his/her responsibility.
- To be in charge of the program service during manager’s absences/delegation
- Responsible to follow up case with social officers as notified by line manager .
Daily follow up and daily care
- Responsible of the daily routine of his own group (schooling, hygiene, clothing)
- Make sure that the rules are respected, check attendance every night and report to the manager
- Responsible to organize group meeting once a week in order to listen, find out what concern, solve problems and gives them information.
- To be attentive to the kids, supports and encourages them. S/he accompanies them when they are depressed, sad…especially at night
- To be in charge of solving discipline problems
- Responsible to follow up medical prescriptions in collaboration with the educator assistant.
- Responsible to organize meeting regularly with teachers to check on schools results and behaviour in class.
- Responsible to encourages every kid to enlist in sports and social life.
- Responsible to set up and supervises solidarity activities.
- Responsible to solve problem when educatoe assistance push other cases.
Follow up of special cases
- Responsible to evaluate needs of each kid and work with an expertist to set up the personalized project.
- Responsible to evaluates the support 2 times/year
- Responsible to participate to bi weekly meeting with the educator of the special cases program and report to your manager
- Responsible to follows up the actions/activities set up in the personalized project.
- Other tasks as assigned by line manager
- Association in education, social science , psychology, child care or relevant field
- 2 years of experience with children in difficulty or any relevant experience
- Good communication skill
- Able to communicate in English , French is preferable
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Email)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
- Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.