Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) - For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country with the Cambodians and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 6,000 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program graduates have already successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 650 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 6 staff at the headquarters in France. 400 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known through fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize from the French Republic.
- Respect the standardization, competencies and program of the lecture
- Actually participate to the entire life and school team
- teach consistently high quality lessons in line with the designated school curriculum;
- use a variety of pedagogical techniques of student centered approach;
- use a variety of assessment methods and giving feedback to students– assignments, quizzes, tests, etc., to evaluate and monitor student progress;
- being the invigilator for state exam
- plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons that meet the requirements record/report for teaching/class administration;
- monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher and tutor;
- facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential;
- be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in the major field by ensuring a high quality learning environment;
- maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, professional behaviour and responsibility;
- set cover work during any leave of absence;
- promote aspects of personal development related the major subject;
- provide basic counselling to slow learners or learners with discipline problems by encouraging an active self-learning both in school and community.
- be a teacher in charge or class tutor;
- complete the relevant documentation to ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support;
- maintain appropriate records and provide relevant accurate and up-to-date information regarding to individual case of students when needed;
- Maintain student discipline during self-study session, lunch break, napping time, flag honor and other assigned areas of the school; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the superiors.
- Bachelor Degree of the Computer Science, Information Technology Management
- Pedagogy Certificate is required
- At least two-year experience in teaching the field subject
- Fundamental understanding on psychology working with young adult, especially vulnerable ones
- Very good computer skill _ Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and e-mail and be comfortable with Google applications
- Good command of using English language
- Good interpersonal and communication skill
- MS Office, e-mail and communication, planning, organizing and coordinating skill
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing, and French is an advantage
- Good interpersonal communication skill
- Understand and manage computer communication such as email, video, chat…
- Implement Microsoft Office suites, typing and data entry
- Possess maintenance and installation of software, apps and other program
- Possess knowledge of hardware basics
- Possess knowledge of operating system basics
- Underhand network process
- Be strong in researching
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
- Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement.