Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,500 children and more than 5,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
To plan, organize and implement an appropriate instructional program in a learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and full-fill their academic potential.
1/ Teaching and program development
● Respect the standardization, competencies and program of the lecture.
● Actually participate to the entire life and school team.
● Teach consistently high quality lessons in line with the designated school curriculum.
● Facilitate and encourage a learning experience with provide students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
● Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in the major field by ensuring a high quality learning environment.
● Promote aspects of personal development related the major subject;
● Provide basic counselling to slow learners or learners with discipline problems by encouraging an active self-learning both in school and community
● Perform as invigilator during the State Exam, design and correct such exam tests;
● Participate in the review and development of the school's training program.
2/ Tutoring a class
● Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students’ learning and other personal consultation (personal issues) according to the needs of students as a tutor/teacher in charge (1 hour per week);
● Act as the tutor for internship/apprenticeship follow-up.
3/ Professional development
● Behave in accordance with the school procedures, regulations in order to promote good practice with regard to punctuality, professional behaviour and responsibility as a model for the team and students;
● Learn from the surrounding environments (market, partners, schools, other professional networks) in order build up knowledge and skills related to the major subjects;
● Participate in other individual or collective tasks as assigned by the line manager
● Completed Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Finance and Accounting or related field.
● Master Degree is a plus.
● At least a 4-year working experience in Finance and Accounting Departments
● Previous experiences in education/teaching is a plus
● Previous social experiences is a plus
● Computer (Microsoft offices, email)
● Fluency in English (both writing and speaking)
● Good customer services
● Good interpersonal communication
● QuickBooks and other accounting software is a plus
Specific Technical Competencies
● Prepare daily transaction (A/P, A/R, General ledger, bank reconciliation)
● Create and the financial report (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, owner equity…)
● Prepare month-end and year-end closing reports.
● Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
● Policy compliance and protection of children
● Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process
● Ensuring timely, high quality results. Being a role model for continuous learning and improvement