Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,000 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
Reporting to the Project Director, in Phnom-Penh, and working in close coordination with PSE head office in France, the position consists is to support the Program managers in the evaluation and monitoring of their programs for continuous improvement as well as meet the needs of potential donors and thus develop the fundings of these programs with dedicated funds.
1. Program definition
- Support and implement with the Program managers the monitoring and evaluation of their program in line with their 3-years objectives
- Update the indicators in the dashboards to follow the objectives, activities and results of the programs. Create new relevant indicators if needed, eventually rationalize the ones which are not used any more
- Write the program description with PSE template (improved) first and if asked with donors template
2. Program reporting and follow-up
- Support the preparation and review of program reports for the donors in collaboration with Program Managers
- Take follow-up meetings with the Program Managers in order to follow the implementation of their program according to the objectives fixed, the activities planned and results expected
- Provide feedback to the Project Director on program strategies and activities
- Monitor that the indicators are correctly entered in the dashboards by all departments
- Work in collaboration with other departments (communication, fundraising) to provide content and information about the programs funded
3. Procedures improvement
- Ensure that the data / results from the surveys (e.g. company satisfaction, graduates employment…) is relevant, high quality and audit worthy
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures
- Improve the reporting documents: simplify them, define the frequency of reporting, their quality…
- Provide training and mentoring to Program Managers to ensure the implementation of M&E procedures and quality of reporting
- Communicate with the project coordinator and project director when projects are identified by the programs
- Make sure that the indicators in the dashboards are in line with the indicators needed by the Program Managers to follow their activities and that the process of indicators monitoring is well implemented in the department
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related M&E field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the design and implementation of M&E implemented by national/international NGOs/Development projects/programs
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- In-depth knowledge on M&E and development issues in socio-educational programs
- Organized, process oriented and multi-tasking
- Good communication skills
- Capable to work with many stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Fluent English (read/write/speak)/ French and Khmer is a plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint...)
- Willing to learn
- Showing problem solving approach
- Team worker and supportive
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.
- Ensuring timely, high quality results.