Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,000 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide a quality teaching or instructional program in a friendly and participative learning environment that guides and encourages students to study, develop and fulfil their academic potential. Several teachers will be recruited.
- Teach consistently high quality lessons in line with the designated school curriculum;
- Plan and deliver schemes of work and lessons that meet the requirements record/report for teaching/class administration;
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher and tutor;
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential;
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in the major field by ensuring a high quality learning environment;
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the school procedures and to encourage good practice with regard to punctuality, professional behavior and responsibility;
- Be a teacher in charge or class tutor;
- Complete the relevant documentation to ensure the effective/efficient deployment of classroom support;
- Bachelor Degree of the major subject
- Pedagogy Certificate is required
- At least two-year experience in teaching the field subject
- Fundamental understanding on psychology working with young adult, especially vulnerable ones
- Very good computer skill _ Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet and e-mail and be comfortable with Google applications
- Good command of using English language
- Good interpersonal and communication skill