Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,000 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
The project manager will be responsible of the implementation of the environmental project in PSE. The objective of the project is to make PSE a certified eco-school.
- Implement the action plan to become a certified Eco-school:
- Implement the projects in the different fields (energy, food, biodiversity, waste management) in order to reach the KPIs defined in the action plan
- Work closely with the different departments and the ecocommittee to ensure a smooth implementation of the projects
- Create sustainable behavioural change, with the support of the eco-committee
- Communicate frequently internally and externally (in collaboration with the Communication Department) about the implementation of the action plan, about the objectives fixed and results achieved
- Describe the new projects for fundraising purpose (work in collaboration with Projects Director), implement and follow them.
- Support the program manager in charge of the environmental teachers in the implementation of the environmental classes and the KPIs requested for the follow up to the donors (class observation, evaluation, attendance follow up, curriculum update).
- Work in collaboration with the Event & Training Manager responsible of the implementation of environmental facilities and activities in PSE, the environmental trainings for the staff and the eco-club for the students.
- Develop partnerships & community outreach.
- Integrate the environment rules into the school policies and administration.
- Globally, deliver all project phases on time, quality and Budget:
- In charge of driving project governance (Steering-commitee, eco-committee…), project communication, project planning and project ressources coordination
- Working closely with all stakeholders for the environmental changes in the school and communities,
- Managing change management activities in collaboration with key responsibles,
- Managing all project documentation (reports to donors, followup of indicators,…),
- Managing relationship with external partners.
- At least Bachelor Degree in Project Management and Environment
- Minimum 3 years working experience as Project manager
- Experience in environment projects or strong interest for environmental topics
- Good communication skills
- Capable to work with many stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Fluent English (read/write/speak)/ Khmer is a plus
- Organized and process oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint..)
- Knowledge of Project management tool
- Showing problem solving approach
- Commitment to PSE’s vision, core values and code of conduct
- Policy compliance and protection of children
- Patience, adaptability and ability to cope with change process.