Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE) – For a Child’s Smile is a non-profit organization founded by Christian and Marie-France des Pallières, operating in Cambodia since 1995. Its mission is to help to help children escape from destitution and lead them to decent, skilled and well-paid jobs.
Recognized by the local authorities, PSE is working in respect of the country, with the Cambodians, and thus supports sustainable development.
Six main programs – adapted to the needs of the children – have been developed: food, health, protection, education & schooling, vocational training and help for families.
PSE helps more than 6,000 children and more than 4,500 graduates from PSE Vocational Training program already have successfully integrated the job market with a real qualified position. PSE employs more than 600 people in Cambodia (Phnom Penh mainly) and 5 staff at the headquarter in France. 300 volunteers in different countries are actively working on making the organization known, on fundraising donations and sponsorships.
In 2000, PSE received the French Human Rights Prize by the French Republic.
Reporting to the General Director, in Phnom-Penh, and working in close coordination with PSE head office in France, the position consists in being responsible to communicate and promote PSE’s programs and its achievements to ensure our profile are raised both internal and external audiences. The director will also support fundraising and develop fundraising in Cambodia and Asia.
- Cooperate with PSE head office in France to develop communication lines & strategy, policy and guideline for PSE to ensure the PSE’s reputation, professional image and branding is promoted widely to the internal and external audiences to maximize visibility and image of PSE. Adapt if needed and implement them in Cambodia and APAC.
- Ensure development and provide quality contents for both PSE France and PSE Cambodia (articles, reports, interviews, photos, videos….)
- Develop communication materials, including annual review, newsletter, speech, press release, , social media, etc.) ensuring quality, compliance to PSE’s policy and delivering in a timely manner. Work with PSE France in charge of PSE website to adapt its english version to Cambodia and APAC “markets”.
- Choose, monitor, regulate communication channels and social media overage in Cambodia, in coordination with PSE headquarters in France.
- Educate our staffs and department how to use Social Medias in adequation to PSE’s Communication policies and branding.
- Manage any PR/media/press releases or conferences in Cambodia to ensure PSE’s reputation and branding are respected
- Coordinate and host visitors, VIP donors/sponsors, media, and ministry visits to PSE Cambodia to ensure smooth coordination and get positive feedback from visitors
- Manage communication panels inside the center
- Contribute internal events with the relevant department in terms of organisation and message delivered ( Annual staff meeting, Khmer new year … )
- Formulate/develop effective partnership and marketing strategies to promote PSE’s profile that provide opportunities for fundraising locally ( Cambodia ), In Asia Pacific ( Hong-kong, Singapour, Australia .. ) . This include a collaboration with PSE head office in France to animate existing antennas (group of volunteers) in Hong-Kong and develop new antennas in relevant APAC countries.
- Development relation with local and foreign Companies in Cambodia and APAC.
- Develop relationship and be the interface with different Representatives bodies ( CCI, Chamber of Commerce, Rotary Clubs….. )
- Organise activities/events for PSE in Cambodia and Apac build reputation and PSE Visibility toward its partners.
- Represent PSE Cambodia in dealing with donors and sponsors
- Coordinate with the head office in France to provide the adequate reports to donors and sponsors regarding PSE’s Programmes
- Work in cooperation and Support to project department and provide fundings opportunities
- Does other tasks as required by General Director and PSE head office in France
People & budget Management:
- Manage direct reports, department’s budget
- Ensure direct report’s work performance and behavior at least meets the expectations
- Masters degree in public relation/media or related field like Communications, Journalism, Media relations or relevant field
- At least 7 years experience in communications, media relations, journalism or marketing
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to manage people effectively
- Excellent written Khmer/English and spoken French
- Outstanding communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure and keeping many balls up in the air
- Knowledge of PR, media, information and communications and how it relates to development issues
- Knowledge related to printing, media relations, audio/video production, website, IEC materials
- Knowledge about development in general and understanding of children’s rights in particular